conventional singularity.

Monday, June 19, 2006

Code Red...

You were happily enjoying the holidays - you took full opportunity of the time given to morph into a couch potato, spent days wading through the net looking for nothing in particular but reading lots of interesting articles, you slept late and woke after a slumber of at least nine hours every single day and spent the rest of the days going out. And you. did. nothing. in the 24 hours in a day that was even remotely related to schoolwork.
----------------------


Well, that was my life for the first two to three weeks of holidays.
And today's the first day of the last measly week of these pathetic so-called "holidays". Well they could be called holidays, if not for something called homework. The ugly reality of life is that homework does exist. And heck, if it was just homework, I wouldn't be here complaining. It's homework plus revision for the goddamit-why-do-they-even-exist! tests that are right after the holidays.

Where's the justice in giving us tests right after holidays when they know that being the irresponsible bunch of adolescents we are, we are probably gonna do our very best to avoid doing revision during the break given from school? Yea sure, they want us to study and keep in touch with schoolwork even during holidays but having a test on the first day of school? I don't know about you, but to me, that just sounds insane and diabolically torturous, in a way.

And it certainly doesn't help that your friends have test dates as their MSN messenger screen name. And that everytime you log into the school portal, you get a pop-up announcement from your teachers telling you to revise and that there'll be some test on the first lesson when school reopens. And neither does it give you any condolences when you get this in your assignments from the teachers:

FINALLY ... (Try to) Enjoy the holidays.

I'm not naming the source of that quote but I'm pretty sure most of you would know the origins of the above-mentioned quote.

Aargh, I think I'm gonna go absolutely insane one of these days! Guess what, the thought of quitting school seems oh-so-very appealing right now...

Okay enough ranting, it's a Monday today and I still have six more days to get my act together. Well then, I'm off to go do more dee-why-dee-ex...


All I did in this post was rant like some idiot..Excusee me for that. These kinda outbursts of hatred are rare and I'm gonna make sure they don't happen often while blogging...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home