conventional singularity.

Sunday, October 15, 2006

The Much Wanted Update

In view of the recent comments posted on the tagboard *points to right* in a manner (or rather the language, in some cases) that was almost impossible to avoid, finally, here's the post.

So the EOY exams have finally come to a conclusion and life is supposed to be stress-free and back to normal, the keyword being supposed. Why? Well simply because right now, I'm living in constant fear of the coming Wednesday, the day when we get our papers back. And get to find out the stupid, silly, unexplained and sometimes, downright dumb mistakes we made. But then again, mistakes are a part of life and in the case of the exam papers, I would rather view them as learning points rather than mistakes. Obviously, no one wants to repeat that silly mistake of taking Volume of a sphere as four-third pi dee cube (yes, that's diameter and not radius) or writing RNA as DNA. But, I digress...

Anyway, as I was talking about life after exams, it really isn't as heavenly as I presumed it might be. During the onslaught of memorizing for exams, daydreaming of a life when I could anything I wanted and not be forced to study was normal but now that the time has actually come, I realize that it's actually quite boring.
Exams officially ended for me today... maybe because it was my miserable attitude towards history, or maybe because I'm just tuckered out from the exam period, but I just don't feel all "woohoo"-ish today. In fact, I felt kinda empty, like "now what?".
...
You know how sometimes there is this hype over what I am going to do after the exams. Well funnily enough, no one asked me what I was going to do. or if they did i gave them some half-baked answer. why? because i have no clue whatsoever what i am going to do. I even bet it is going to be like one of those holidays where i am going to spend a whole day wasting my life on youtube or watching TV till my brain rots.
-- Now What? by Jonathan

I can't help but nod away while reading Jonathan's post. Exams are over but I don't really have much planned for what I want to do during the coming weeks. Yea sure I have plans to go out and enjoy, read books that I wanted to but didn't get the time to, pursue hobbies that somehow just got left behind during the course of school and just enjoy the simple pleasures of life with family and friends. Don't get me wrong when I say I'm bored, I mean it in the sense that there seems to be no direction in life anymore. Maybe it's true that life is much easier to live when you're told what to do rather than given the independence to develop yourself individually but that's just a thought...

Okay enough ranting about that. Now, for what I have been doing in the fast few days, it basically revolves around staying idle and thinking. A lot. I've been thinking about the future and at the same time, having a sense of nostalgia and thinking about how my life has turned out to be what it currently is right now. It's hard to forget the events in life that have shaped you to be the individual your are today and it's even harder not to ponder on what the future holds for you. For now, I'll not dwell on this in this post. Maybe sometime in the future, because the entire collection of thoughts grant a post on their own.

---------------------

On another note, Google Reader is a fantastic RSS and feeds aggregator. For those of you who are clueless about feeds, let me take this opportunity to enlighten you on the next-big-thing in the virtual community. Feeds are like little packets of information that a site may create and then send to anyone who has suscribed to that particular site. So for those of you like me who follow many blogs online, this new technology is extremely useful because every time there is an update on any particular blog among those that you have syndicated or suscribed to, the updated post would be sent automatically to you and you can view all of these updates collectively in a feeds aggregator. For more information, this article would be pretty useful.

Google Reader is one such online application that syndicates all your feeds together neatly for you to categorize and view them as you please. Now, some of you may ask what sets google reader apart from other feed aggregators? Well, shouldn't the fact that this is a Google be enough to convince you? And being one of the Google Family, it's pretty certain that the user interface would be seamlessly designed and intuitive to use.

On a side note, those of you using Firefox would notice that there is a orange icon in either your status bar or your toolbar indicating that this site provides feeds for you to bookmark. The new Internet Explorer offers the option of syndicating feeds too. Just look out for the little orange icon...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home